Halo Hair Extensions are a popular way to add volume and length to your hair. They’re perfect for those with thinning hair, or anyone who wants an easy way of adding more volume. Halo extensions are made from 100% human hair, so they can be styled like your natural hair. This guide will take you through the process step-by-step, as well as answer questions that you may have about these amazing extensions!
What are Halo Hair Extensions?
Halo hair extensions are a type of human hair extension that is installed in the halo shape around one’s head. Halo Hair Extensions are typically made with Indian or Malaysian hair and can be styled just as you would your natural hair, but also offers flexibility to manipulate the style into different shapes or styles without worrying about damaging them.
So what exactly are they? Halo extensions consist of wefts of real human hair (or synthetic if desired) sewn together so that it forms a circular pattern all around the scalp like a crown shaped “halo” from which each individual piece hangs down towards the nape of the neck like locks on an old-fashioned wedding veil. The weightless feel and versatility of Halo extensions makes them a popular choice among women.
Halo hair extension are also called “hair weaves” or “wefted hair,” and they can be made from either human or synthetic hair, depending on the desired look. They consist of long strands that hang down towards the neck in locks just like a wedding veil. The weightless feel and versatility make halo extensions very popular with women because you can create any style without worrying about damaging your new ‘do!
How Halo Hair Extensions work?
Hair extensions are placed over a person’s natural hair, and need to be applied one piece at a time. The pieces of extension should be aligned with the part in your head so they don’t slip out while you’re sleeping or moving around during the day. After application, take a comb or brush (gently) through the strands to make sure it is sitting right on top of your own locks!
As long as the weft is aligned with your scalp’s parting line, these extensions can be installed in less than a minute without any tools whatsoever. All that’s needed is a comb for separating small sections of hair (about four inches) followed by a tail comb to apply the extension piece over each section.
A little hairspray will ensure they stay put while you sleep and when styling them daily — but let me take one more minute to talk about brushing! Brush gently, making sure not to pull strands too hard or brush against the grain; this could damage your natural hair and eventually cause the extensions to slide out.
If you’re in a hurry or don’t have time for all that curling iron business, just spritz on some hairspray and go about your day wearing as usual.
Benefits of Halo Hair Extensions
There are many benefits of Halo Hair Extensions.
They can be installed in less than a minute without any tools whatsoever! And with the weightless feel and versatility, these extensions offer women the ability to create any style they want without worrying about damaging their new ‘do. With so many styles available for halo weaves, it’s difficult not to find one that fits your personal taste or mood!
The greatest benefit is that human-hair extension pieces can last up to four months with proper care and styling. They also provide the volume you’re looking for when you need extra body but don’t have time to blow out your locks every morning.
Costs are also relatively low compared to other extensions that provide similar benefits!
How much does a Halo hairpiece cost?
The average cost of a halo hairpiece is $180 -$250, but as you can see the halo weave offers many benefits that make it worth your while!
- Weightless feel and versatility to create any style without worrying about damaging them.
- The most common use for these weaves would be creating volume at the crown or top of head due to their natural ability to add volume.
- With prices averaging around $180-$250 (or less) per piece, this option provides great value when compared with other extensions that provide similar benefits such as Remy Hair Extensions which range in price depending on thickness and length desired.
How long do halo hair extensions last?
They usually last between three to four months with proper care and styling.
What are the best quality halos?
Some of the best quality ones are made from 100% human Remy hair. These pieces provide women with versatility to create any style without worrying about damaging their new ‘do.
Factors that make for the best quality halo extension pieces include weightless feel, natural appearance, ease of installation, and short term commitment.
The Halo extension installation process
The following steps should help you install your new halo hair extensions by yourself at home under normal circumstances without any different tools. If it doesn’t feel like this method would work for you then please consult the experts! You don’t want to mess up those beautiful locks–you have invested so much time in styling them nicely 😉 Below we’ve outlined some helpful tips on how to prep before installation:
- Choose which side of the head you want your natural part to be.
- Detangle your hair and brush it out with a wide tooth comb to help distribute the natural oils.
- Make sure all of extensions are laying flat against one another–they should not have any bumps or lumps in them.
- Separate an equal amount of wefts for each halo headband you want to install, making sure they do not exceed more than 12 inches long on either side (about 30 cm). The ends should be wrapped tightly around the elastic band so that when installed, there is no loose string left dangling below your neckline area.
A quick note about tools: if you don’t already own some then it might make sense to invest in some clasps, magnets, and a flat iron.
Do they fall out easily?
No. They are secured in place by your own hair laying on top of the Halo pieces.
What’s better halo or clip in extensions?
A halo is easier to install and provide more benefits than clip in extensions when wearing.
Clip Ins can damage your natural hair, but Halo pieces are guaranteed to be damage free.
While both types of extensions have their pros and cons, human halo hairpieces offer a lot more benefits in terms of ease of use when wearing.
Maintenance and care for your Halo extensions
- Wash your hair in a mild shampoo. You may also use any type of dry shampoo for extending the life of those beautiful, voluminous locks! If you need help picking out some new products to try then I recommend checking out this blog post on our site: Halo Hair Extensions Care And Maintenance Diaries. The author has written about different brands and their pros/cons so you can find what’s most suitable for your personal needs or preferences as well as budget. Happy shopping!!
- Do not sleep with wet hair–it could get tangled up during the night which is really bad news if it gets caught by something like a pillow while sleeping, etc.
- Take pictures after installation to document how far down they hang (if you use a lower ponytail) and how the weight of them feels.
- On average, they should last around one month–however that really depends on your hair type/conditioning routine/etc so it’s difficult to say for sure without knowing more about you.
Can you sleep in Halo extensions?
Yes, you can sleep in Halo extensions–however it’s not recommended wearing them to bed.
Do halo hair extensions damage my real hair?
No! The same care instructions apply if installing human or synthetic hair: avoid tight ponytails and buns close to the scalp, don’t sleep with wet hair, etc.
Halo extensions are also a short term commitment which means you have the option to remove them and redo the process again later if desired–just know that they will likely start getting tangled up after wearing awhile so it’s important to remain mindful of this.
Do Halo extensions work on thin hair?
Halo extensions work for all hair types–but if you have thin or fine hair then we recommend using less hair per halo headband to avoid looking too bulky when wearing.
Do Halo extensions work on short hair?
Yes, Halo extensions work for all hair lengths–but if you have short hair then we recommend using less hair per halo headband to avoid looking too bulky when wearing.
Can I swim in halo hair extensions?
Halo Extensions should not get wet for prolonged periods–doing so can cause long term wear issues such as molding or the hair becoming dry and brittle.
Halo Extensions should not be exposed to direct sunlight for extended periods of time–this can lead to damage such as color fading or harsh brittleness which is much more noticeable in synthetic hair than human, but still something you want to avoid if possible.
Halo Hair Extensions are a great option for those who want to add volume and length without the commitment of having to go through the process each day for a period of time. Visit our online store to purchase your very own!