Our expectations from hair extensions are so much, but we don’t always invest our time in taking care of them. Hair extensions require much work because they are not like our natural hair. The more you take care of your tape-in hair extensions, the longer their lifespan. With our own hair, we have organic oils that keep the hair sound, but this is not the case with hair extensions. You need to keep up the beautiful quality so you can reuse and re-tape your tape-in extensions by following these tips. Once hair extensions are cut, they require considerably more care to make the hair last, particularly the semi-permanent hair extensions because these hair extensions are worn every day. We have some great tips to care for human hair extensions. Hair extensions must be maintained daily. Some girls usually wear hair extensions for over 1 year and above and have reused them over and over again. This wouldn’t have been possible if they are not taking care of the hair daily.
Tips for wearing seamless tape in hair extensions:
● Keep your hair extensions clean and straightened out by investing your time daily.
● Do not comb or brush the hair extensions while hair is wet.
● Ensure you don’t sleep with wet hair extensions. Always make sure the hair is dry and pulled up or preferably put into a braid to keep hair from tangling at night.
● Brush the hair with a hair extension brush many times daily. Ensure you brush the hairs properly, holding the roots to prevent pulling on the bonds.
● Ensure high-quality hair care products are used but do not do it extremely, too many hair care products can cause build-up and tangling with time. Don’t utilize products containing oil, alcohol or ethanol as this can damage the hair extensions and also wear down on the adhesive. We encourage you to use sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner as well as 100% natural hair products to keep hair extensions in perfect condition.
● Do not lighten the hair extensions. If you want to color hair extensions only go within 2 shades DARKER.
● When working out with hair extensions or swimming with hair extensions, ensure you evacuate excess sweat and chlorine after working out.
● Ensure you use a heat protectant spray anytime you are working with hot tools because the more you apply heat on your hair, the more you shorten the lifespan of the hair extensions.
● Do not use a flat iron directly on the tape tabs. This will weaken the bond and they will slip out.
● When using conditioner, condition from mid-shaft to ends only. Do not apply conditioner to your scalp when wearing tape in hair extensions.
● When using serums or oils avoid contact with the tape, use on mid length to ends only. We use natural products such as coconut oil at the edge of the extensions to keep the hair healthy and shiny over time.
● Every 6-10 weeks, your hair extensions will need to be reapplied to move the bonds nearer to the scalp and to keep your hair healthy.
● Tape in extensions are not best for those who have lost a significant amount of hair due to ailments or for those that have extreme hair thinning. Contact your stylist for another alternative.
● Clarifying shampoo BEFORE going to your stylist is KEY. The hair stylist should also use clarifying shampoo before installing the hair extensions. Conditioner should not be used during application of hair.
● Since a person’s average natural hair loss is between 50-100 strands per day you will see a small amount of naturally released hairs in between the tape bonds at the time of removal. This is normal and should not be taken for hair loss due to wearing hair extensions.
//www.instagram.com/embed.jsView this post on Instagram
Hottie Hair is a family , a culture, the spot. When you’re with us you’re one of us . We want to make your hair fantasy come true. You can always call or text to get a free in person consultation with one of our tribe members, I mean specialists lol. Shown here is Jamie @racinponies
At the end of the day, this hair is attractive and so are you! We like to keep it as such! So take care of your hair and you will discover to what extent they last!